Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Haircut Etiquette

I recently received a big haircut. Got more than half the mane professionally removed and the rest coiffed. I love the new 'do, my husband loves it; that's all that matters.

Almost.

Though I have advised audiences in the past about the proper reaction to a haircut, it appears it is time for a refresher.

Lesson #1 - "You got your haircut" is not a compliment; it is an observer patting himself on the back for his observation.

Lesson #2 - Ditto for "Did you get your ears lowered?" Not a compliment and not even helpful. No credit.

Tip #1 - If you don't like it, don't point it out. Pretend you don't notice. Is that so hard?

Tip #2 - The thoughtful comment "That's much better" Female Curmudgeon will accept as a compliment, along with "I like your haircut," "You look great!" and other positives. Each such response receives full credit.

Married guys in particular - You should know this already. You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment