Monday, December 30, 2013

The Great Nail Polish Swindle

Since I did not get my first manicure until I was in my 30s (where I intend to stay, for future reference), I had no idea the difficulty of holding on to the right shade of polish once you find it. Having experienced the heartbreak of discovering a great color at a salon, not making a note of it, and being unable to find it again, I've taken to buying the shades I like whenever I find them.

My tastes have been pretty consistent over the years so I thought I was set for the foreseeable future. Hard lesson #1: Nail polish doesn't last forever. It gets thick and eventually unusable. Harder lesson #2: Polish makers (OPI, I'm talking to you!) are evil. They regularly discontinue your favorite ridiculously named flavors (St. Petersburgundy and Toffee Treat, for instance), and you can never purchase them again. Then you have to find a new suitable shade which will also be summarily removed from the shelves and off of my once beautifully polished fingernails.

Why does no one tell you these things before it's too late?

No comments:

Post a Comment